The Marine Customer Service Representative oversees the servicing of policies for Global Marine Insurance clients.
Managing Inbound Calls
- Receive inbound calls including transferred calls from current clients/brokers
- Place outbound follow-up calls for various reasons or documents
- Answer questions about the product details, the company, and issues with account for the clients/brokers.
- Assist clients/brokers with any technical issues experienced with the website and escalate any issues to management appropriately.
- Perform account maintenance activities
- Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics.
- Process all endorsements, diary information, follow up if necessary, answer questions/concerns.
- Process renewals
Upon notification from Accounting that an account is past due, contact the insured via email for payment.
Upon renewal, shop markets if necessary for price & coverage. Communicate with the producer, the client, and the carrier.
Other Administrative Tasks
Perform other job duties as they may be assigned including but not limited to processing renewals, scanning data into Navigator, etc.
The formal education and experience for a Customer Service Representative can vary. However, the following are commonly required for this position:
- Demonstrated strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Flexibility with daily tasks
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concern and overcome objections
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with clients/brokers over the phone
- 2 years of customer experience
- P/L license is a plus