Boat Insurance Knowledge Base
The experienced team at Global Marine Insurance is happy to provide answers to any of your questions regarding:
- Boat Insurance
- Yacht Insurance
- Personal Watercraft Insurance
- Sailboat Insurance
- Commercial Marine Insurance
- Insurance for Boat Dealers & Marinas
Having trouble deciding what classification your boat or yacht may fall under? Reference our guide to common:
Boat Insurance F.A.Q.
- How long has Global Marine been in business?
- Where do you provide insurance coverage?
- Am I required by law to have insurance on my watercraft?
- Is price the most important factor to consider when purchasing an insurance policy?
- How can I save money on my policy?
- What type of coverage does my policy include?
- How does Global Marine handle claims?
- Can I get a quote today?
- Is there an extended payment plan for marine insurance?
- What forms of payment/payment options are available to me?
- What if I need to re-access my quote?
- How do I use a Corporate Name as the Named Insured?
- Do I need to use Lay Up dates when quoting a boat?
- What is included in the purchase price and hull value?
- Why can’t I insure the boat for more than its purchase price?
- How much liability coverage will I need?
- Will my rates be higher as a new boat owner?
- Does my policy limit how far off-shore my vessel can be taken?
- Will my homeowners insurance cover my boat?
- Is there a difference between boat and yacht insurance?
- I am planning a long distance boating trip – will my insurance cover me?
- Is water sports liability included in my coverage?
- Are my trailer and boating supplies covered by my policy?
- Do I receive a discount for successful completion of a boater’s safety training class?
- Does my policy cover both inland and ocean boating?
- Will I receive the purchase price or the replacement cost if my boat is a total covered loss?