The COVID-19 outbreak has become a significant health hazard and financial setback. Right now, you may be sheltering at home or operating as an essential worker. You might have broken your record of consecutive boating days, or boating may not even be allowed in your state. Regardless, the statistics show the worst of the outbreak is over, and plans are being put in place to lift restrictions. If you want new a boat or yacht, and move quickly, you could have your pick of inventory at a great value.
Our boat and yacht insurance specialists anticipate that once emergency orders end, the most desirable boat dealers and brokers in affected areas will busy. The total sales will be lower than in previous years. However, the shortened shopping season and desire of previously confined boaters will cause a scramble for the hottest inventory and expert resources. You can receive the best service and value by acting now.
How do you navigate purchasing your vessel if there are restrictions in your area that prevent you from visiting a yacht?
Search thousands of options, take virtual tours, and have your questions answered by a broker or specialist. Here are some tips for navigating online boat and yacht shopping.
Looking at Boats and Yachts:
- Attend a Virtual Boat Show
- Watch a pre-recorded virtual boat tour
- Take a live walkthrough a yacht with a broker, ask questions, and request photos of details.
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a broker or boat dealer (if allowed in your area).
- Check out inventory on YouTube
- Visit an online showroom
- Ask boat dealer about incentives – some dealers are offering boat show incentives available online
Confidence in Quality
- Look for NMMA certified boats and yachts – they meet standards for quality and safety
- If you are buying a used boat, ask about a marine survey – you may have to wait, but the confidence you will gain is worth it.
Boat or Yacht Insurance
- Request an estimated boat insurance quote before taking possession of your boat or yacht.
- Make sure your yacht insurance coverage is active before the purchase is complete.
- Current COVID-19 related orders may prevent the delivery of boats and yachts today. However, the abundance of inventory and potential savings likely make it worth the wait. Ask your boat dealer or broker how they are currently addressing boat and yacht deliveries in your area. If there is a delay, don’t be discouraged regulations are changing daily.
Although the idea of shopping for a yacht or boat strictly online may be foreign to you, vessels have been sold this way for years. Dealers and brokers are familiar with the process and eager to help. We still prefer to see a yacht with the wind in our hair too, but it’s a small sacrifice to be able to call it your own. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our boat and yacht insurance specialists with any questions.