Boat Insurance Claims
What to Do in the Event of a Loss
When you are out on the water with your family and friends enjoying your boat – whether it’s a motor boat, PWC, yacht, a houseboat, or any other type of vessel – the last thing you are probably thinking about are the steps you’ll need to follow if the unexpected should occur. Being a responsible boat owner, however, means taking the time to understand every aspect of the insurance for your boat, including what you need to do in the event of a loss. The same is also true for owners of commercially used vessels who need to be cognoscente of how their particular marine insurance covers their property, customers, and employees. While every situation can be different, there are a few general steps to keep in mind if an accident does occur and you need to make a claim.
In the event of an accident involving your boat, personal watercraft or commercial vessel, it’s important that you:
- Take cautionary steps needed to minimize further damage to property and prevent personal injury
- Confirm the well-being of others involved in the accident
- Never admit responsibility for the accident or make any promises to the other party involved
- Notify local authorities
- Report incident to Global Marine Insurance Agency or your boat insurance carrier
- Allow your insurance company an opportunity to view damage prior to repairs
For additional guidance with your boat insurance claim, get an online quote or contact us to speak with a Global Marine customer service representative.
Dedicated Claims Service
At Global Maine Insurance Agency, we have individuals who are dedicated to helping you in the case of a loss. We will work closely with you to ensure your claim in handled quickly, fairly and professionally to help get you back on the water in no time.
Get an online quote today to see how Global can help with all your boat insurance needs.