Can you feel it? There’s something in the air. The temperature is warming up day by day, and soon it will be time to head out on the water.
Spring means many things to different people, but we boaters know it’s time to get ready. Because as John Wooden said, “When opportunity comes, it’s too late to prepare.”
So today we have prepared a general pre-boating season checklist. Each boat is a little different depending on the size and type, but this should help get you started.
• Clean off your boat’s hull, deck and topside using a mild detergent.
• Clean windows and hatches, and replace wiper blades if necessary.
• Check spare parts and replace if necessary.
• Put on a coat of wax, and clean and polish metal with a metal polish.
• Make sure your boater’s registration is current and stored onboard.
• Ensure your watercraft insurance is up-to-date and fits your boating needs.
Making sure your boat insurance can cover you in case of emergency will allow you to enjoy the water worry-free.
We here at Global Marine Insurance are boating enthusiasts, and solely provide insurance coverage to members of the boating community. To learn more select Boat Insurance, Yacht Insurance, or Commercial Insurance. And let us know if we can help prepare you for a memorable summer on the water.
For a detailed printable checklist take a look at Discover Boating’s Spring Start-Up Check List.