No one likes to have an insurance claim get denied. It can be both frustrating to the boat owner and disappointing to the boat insurance provider. Therefore, we recommend you take the time to carefully review your policy guidelines to ensure you are clear on what’s covered in your policy. Of course, if you have any questions, you can always contact us.
To help you along the right path, we thought it would be a good idea to take a look at the top insurance claims that often go uncovered.
Top Insurance Claims That Go “Uncovered”
- Claims that take place outside of your Navigation Limits
- Claims that take place outside of your Lay-up Warranty
- Claims that take place during a lapse in coverage
- Claims related to wear and tear (i.e. not maintaining your vessel)
- Claims related to ice or freezing (i.e. engine block cracked because the engine froze)
So there you have it! The top 5 “uncovered” insurance claims*.
We hope that by sharing these with you today, you can take precautionary measures to avoid situations where you might find yourself “uncovered”.
And speaking of claims related to ice or freezing – winter is on its way! We here at Global Marine Insurance Agency want to help get you prepared. Later this month, we’ll cover some steps you can take to avoid winter damage to your boat.
*Please note that the above information may or may not be included in your specific insurance policy. See your insurance policy guidelines for coverage related to your plan. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Global Marine Insurance.